We provide a wide range of services to help members age well, live long and stay in their own homes as long as possible:
- Transportation: One-way/round-trip rides for errands, appointments, and events.
- Personal Administrative Tasks: Organize paperwork, complete medical and dental forms, sort and review mail, draft correspondence, arrange for documents to be notarized
- Downsizing and Decluttering: Organize, store, sell, donate, and display collections; organize, pick up, and deliver donations to area centers.
- Electronic Appliance Support: Troubleshoot and do minor repair of televisions, radios, kitchen and bath appliances, yard tools, and medical equipment.
- Companion and Special Assistance: Escort for grocery shopping, errands, medical appointments; companion for coffee, regular visits, social outings, hobbies, reading, and telephone reassurance, respite visits to fragile relatives of members.
- Gardening and Yard Work: Indoor plant maintenance; outdoor landscaping, and raking/removal of leaves.
- Home Maintenance (light): Changing light bulbs, minor fixture repairs, seasonal packing and storage, brief absence services (water plants, pet care, mail pick up).
- Inclement Weather Support: Advance sidewalk prep, snow shoveling and removal, digging out the car, ice removal
- Neighborhood Errands : Grocery shopping, pharmacy, dry cleaning, post office, pet walking.
- Technology Support: Set up, programming, tutorials, troubleshooting and minor repair for software, printer, copier, fax, scanner, smartphone and iProducts; tutorial for social media interface.
If there are other kinds of services that you would like to receive or provide, contact Neighbors Helping Neighbors at email@example.com or by calling 202-573-7548 (leave a voicemail with your name and number, you will receive a call back within 24 hour).