Iona Senior Services
Iona supports people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. They educate, advocate, and provide community-based services to help people age well and live well.
Assessment & Care Management: Iona’s experienced care managers, who are registered nurses and licensed social workers, can provide in-home assessments of members’ functional status and needs, and use their expertise to create a service plan that identifies appropriate resources for in-home support such as home health care. These plans can be created in coordination with the Village leadership, and clarify how the Village and Iona services can complement each other to help the member remain safely at home.
- An initial assessment and creating of a service plan will take 2-3 hours.
- The Village can contract with Iona on a case-by-case for the provision of this service.
PRICING AND DISCOUNTS
||DISCOUNT FOR THE VILLAGE
|Information and Referral
|Village Social Worker
|Assessment & Care Management
||Price reduced from $150 to $125 per hour
|Training and Seminars
||$300 for 90-minute session
||1 training or seminar per year at no charge
CONSULTATION AND CARE MANAGEMENT
- Advice and assistance on challenges related to aging and providing family support to older relatives, including referrals to appropriate services and facilities (whether local or long-distance) and supportive counseling and coaching. Consultations can be provided at Iona’s Isabella Breckinridge Center at 4125 Albemarle Street NW, or in THE VILLAGE members’ homes, at the discretion of the member.
- Consultations are provided by nurse and social work care managers on Iona’s staff and are typically one to one-and-a-half hours long. Iona will provide a discount for consultations and for ongoing care management for members and their families who wish to contract directly with Iona for this service.
WELLNESS & ARTS CENTER
- Iona’s award-winning adult day program, the Weinberg Wellness & Arts Center, provides holistic, individualized care and robust programming for older adults with memory loss and/or physical challenges in a safe and social community while providing respite for family members.
TAKE CHARGE / AGE WELL ACADEMYsm
- The Academy provides workshop series designed for healthy/active Baby Boomers (retirees or those planning their retirement). Participants learn how to navigate the opportunities and challenges of aging through presentations from Iona’s aging-in-place specialists. The specialists offer expert advice, wellness coaching, guidance on critical decision-making, and information on planning for the future.