WHY JOIN MOUNT PLEASANT VILLAGE?
In our volunteer/member-managed Village, we celebrate the opportunities and meet the challenges of aging in community.
HEALTH, WELLNESS, AND LIVING
Join our Active Aging Activities. We now have:
- Three weekly walking groups
- Exercise and yoga classes, Mindfulness sessions and a Meditation workshop
SOCIAL, CULTURAL, AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Meet new friends and neighbors of all ages.
- Join other members at Village hangouts for social coffees and happy hours plus games, pot luck dinners at member homes, trips, cinema and book clubs, Meet the Street events.
- Receive special ticket pricing for theater and musical events.
- Join members to explore special interests like Studio Arts, Reaching Zero Waste, Mah Jong, Ad Hoc Book Club etc.
- Attend our now-famous Holiday Party and Spring Picnic.
INFORMATION, WORKSHOPS, AND RESOURCES TO HELP US AGE AND LIVE WELL
The Village has partnered with Iona House, and All Souls Church to present workshops series designed for older adults who want tools, strategies, and support to age successfully.
- Be informed of offerings at Iona’s Take Charge/Age Well Academy
- Join us to explore issues in Elder housing, safety in home, needed renovations, Special Interest topics -- Death with Dignity, Alzheimer’s Support Group, etc.
NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS
Our “help with daily living program” is growing and improving as we strive to provide help with activities like:
- Local transportation and short errands
- Friendly phone check-ins and visits
- Medical note-taking
- Light house and yard chores and simple maintenance
- Help finding information
- Basic technology and computer help